Giving yourself a new hair color is a great way to change up your look without spending money at the salon. Unfortunately, while many synthetic hair dye products are on the market, they can often contain harsh chemicals that can damage your hair. Luckily, there are many natural dyes that you can use to achieve any color you want without worrying about harmful ingredients. This blog post will show you how to use some of the most popular natural dyes to color your hair at home. Read on for tips and tricks!
Steps to a perfect home hair dye job: natural hair colors
- First, consider your skin tone and find a hair color that will compliment it. If you have warm undertones, go for a shade that has gold or red tones. If you have cool undertones, look for a shade with blue or violet tones.
- Once you’ve found the right color, it’s time to prep your hair. If your hair is longer than shoulder length, you’ll need to use two boxes of dye. Start by applying the color to the roots, then work your way down the lengths of your hair.
- To ensure even coverage, use a coloring brush or comb to distribute the color evenly through your hair.
- Let the dye sit on your hair for the amount of time recommended on the box. This is usually around 30 minutes, but it can vary depending on your chosen brand and color.
- Rinse your hair with cool water until the water runs clear. Avoid using hot water, as this can cause the color to fade prematurely.
- Follow up with a conditioner specifically for color-treated hair to help lock in the shade and prevent fading.
Now that you know how to dye your hair at home experiment with different shades! Remember to take care of your colored locks by using gentle shampoo and conditioner and avoiding heat styling.
Homemade herbal hair dye
1/4 cup chamomile flowers
1/4 cup calendula flowers
1/4 cup lavender flowers
1/2 cup water
- Combine the chamomile, calendula, lavender, and water in a pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and strain the mixture.
- Use immediately or store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To use, wet your hair and massage the dye into your scalp and hair. Leave on for 30 minutes, then rinse with water.